Conditions & Treatment Options
Dr. Knight’s primary focus is arterial diseases. With more than 30 years of experience in this field, he
offers a variety of options tailored to a person’s needs. His practice philosophy is to avoid invasive
procedures if other options are available. However, when a surgical procedure is necessary, he performs
both minimally-invasive and open surgeries, based on what will offer a patient the best long-term result.
- Carotid artery disease and stroke: (atherosclerosis, fibromuscular dysplasia, aneurysm, dissection, carotid body tumors)
- Subclavian steal syndrome
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (both open and endovascular repair)
- Aortoiliac occlusive disease
- External iliac artery endofibrosis
- Popliteal artery aneurysm
- Lower extremity occlusive disease
- Mesenteric arterial occlusive disease
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
Surgical Treatment Options
- Carotid endarterectomy (CEA). Dr. Knight has performed more than 4,000 of these operations.
- Trans Carotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR), an advanced way to deliver a stent into a blocked carotid
artery. TCAR is an option for patients who are considered high-risk for conventional CEA. Dr. Knight was the
first surgeon in Louisiana to perform this surgery.